Just the life of any other Rachel

Wednesday, May 18, 2016

A couple things

Bertie has started to say I love you without prompting.  It melts my cold heart.

Yesterday he asked to say prayer before we had dinner.  Aaron helped him, of course.

Today I told Bertram it was nap time.  Usually he throws a fit ("No nap! No nap!") before settling down.  Today I told him it was nap time, and we needed to read a book. He said "No book, go bed".  So he took his new matchbox car and walked to his room.  I tucked him in, and he went straight to bed.  That was something he'd never done before.

I've been feeling better.  Still not great, but much improved from before.  I've been forcing exercise on myself, and counting calories.  I really need both.  I'm prone to eating.  Some people eat to live, I live to eat.  So went I don't count, I go way overboard.  Exercise has been good.  Monday and Tuesday I got up to walk at the track and then did the bikini body mommy workout.  Today I slept in (til 7:35) and exercised during nap time.

I have a new resume, but I need to start looking again.  But I'm kind of waiting til we get back from vacation.  And I kind of don't want a job (a sort of need one, but sort of not).  So I'm going to be picky.  Plus Aaron is applying for a new position at work, which pays more.  And he'll get a couple raises in August.  But money is, of course, stressful.

It's been hot for a couple days.  It makes me glad that I'm chopping off my hair in a couple months.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Bertram! What a sweetheart!

    I'm proud of you for exercising even when you don't want to. It sucks. But it will feel good to have achieved something when it's all over.

    ReplyDelete