Just the life of any other Rachel

Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Florida

Last week we went to Florida for Aaron's sister's wedding.  It was kind of a tough trip, off and on.  Aaron is hard to travel with.  He is a very nervous flyer, and being nervous leads to stress.  We had a first class ticket for the flights out there (actually I had a first class ticket, but we split it).  Aaron rode in first from Oakland to Phoenix, and I rode in first from Phoenix to Tampa.  It was nice, but it wasn't all I expected.  Though, I'm not sure what I was expecting.  Neither flight had tvs on it, which was annoying.  Bertie did well on both flights.

The rental car place was not at the airport, so we had to take a shuttle.  It was so hot!  Once we got in the car Bertie fell asleep.  We hit a lot of beach traffic.  It took an hour to get to Treasure Island.  We had the whole 2-bedroom condo to ourselves.  It was right on a canal.  After we settled in we went swimming in the pool.  Bertie really liked the pool.  When bedtime came around, Bertram wouldn't get in the pack'n play.  Actually, he completely freaked out.  So we put him in bed with us, and he eventually fell asleep.

The days kind of blur together.  The wedding was beautiful.  The kind of wedding I would have wanted.  Bertie played in the sand during the ceremony.  I cried like a baby.  We only spent one day at the beach, I wish we'd spent more time there.  Bertram didn't really get in the ocean, but he loved the sand.  Aaron and I tried stand up paddle boarding.  It was really fun.  I fell in, of course.  We saw a lot of pelicans, and some cranes and even a couple dolphins.  I was hoping to see a manatee, but we didn't.

Bertram didn't nap at all, except falling asleep in the car, or stroller.  That made for a rough and stressful trip.  Overly tired 2 year olds are terrible people.  It was hard to get him to settle into bed at night too.  So we were all a little sleep deprived.

Aaron's bio-mom took great care of us, and overall, we had a lot of fun.

We had some time to kill on the way back to the airport, so we went to a mall to get lunch.  I tried to had Bertie to Aaron, and he freaked out and stepped in/kicked Aaron's food, which then got all over our (me and Aaron's) pants.  So we ran into Old Navy on the way out and got Aaron new pants.  I changed into a pair I had in my bag.  Then we returned the car and waited for the shuttle.  And waited, and waited.  We got to the airport with 50 minutes til our flight.  By the time we got through security, there was less than 20 minutes.  It was really stressful, but we made it.

We all sat together on the flights home.  Bertie did pretty well.  One flight had tvs, which was great.  Baby fell asleep on the 2nd flight for about an hour.  We got in to San Jose around 10pm.  So it was another late night.

But today (our first day back) he is back on schedule.  A 2.5 hour nap, and in bed by 8:30.  I'm glad we didn't ruin him for sleeping in his own bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment