Just the life of any other Rachel

Thursday, July 21, 2016

The Whole30, and the whole other stuff

Bertie finished swimming lessons today.  We did 8 lessons through parks and rec.  He loved it.  He is more independent than he should be.  He is over-confident of his abilities.  Which is a little scary, but he's not afraid, which is good.  He's not actually able to swim, but we have some good foundation stuff (blowing bubbles, wall crawl, tummy floating, kicking etc).  Next week we're starting a tumbling class.  I somehow, stupidly signed up for a class at nap time, but it's only once a week.

I got a new bible.  The bible my church uses is KJV.  And, in all honestly, I don't like KJV.  It's too hard to understand.  So my mom bought me the NIV Once a Day Bible for Women.  It has daily readings from the old testament, new testament, and psalms.  I'm enjoying it.  I'm trying to read the book of mormon daily too.

I think I'm cutting all my hair off on Saturday.  Time will tell.

I'm on day 3 of the Whole30.  I hate it.  It's hard, and I hate it.  And today I cheated a little.  I had a diet coke, and a bacon cheeseburger from Wendys without the bun.  (Cheese is a no-no, and I'd guess their mayo is non-compliant).  But I think I'll try to finish out the 30 days.  But I'll need to adjust a little here and there, otherwise it;s not going to work.  Eating that many eggs is hard.  I have a hard time eating as much protein as is required.  I made myself chia puddings for breakfast.  This morning I tried a sweet potato and fruit thingy.  I don't like sweet potatoes enough.

I've been tired lately, been going to sleep before 10 most nights.

I met my new GI last week.  I like him a lot.  He ordered some vaccines for me.  Hep A&B, meningitis, and pneumonia.  One of them hurt a lot, but I have no clue which.  I'm pretty excited though.  I like having extra protection, especially since Humira makes me immeunosuppressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment