Just the life of any other Rachel

Monday, July 25, 2016

The Whole30 lasted 6 days.  I cheated a little most days.  But it started to really mess with my stomach, in a crohns sort of way.  So I stopped.  We had pizza for dinner tonight.  So long Whole30.

I'm going to start potty training Bertie in earnest on Wednesday.  I was nervous, but he's actually been doing really well.  He's peed in his little potty a few times.  Today he wanted to use it before we left for the store.  He did.  It was nap time when we got home, so I went to change him before he went to bed.  He asked to use the potty again, he peed.  Then I noticed his diaper was dry!  So he stayed dry for the 90 minutes we were out and about.  He didn't nap, and went to play with his grandparents. I did laundry and mopped the kitchen.  He had been playing in the paddle pool and came home sopping.  So I stripped him down, and asked if he wanted to use the potty, he said yes.  I turned on Nemo for him.  And he peed again.  He is so proud of himself, it's very cute.  He was naked from about 4 until 6 (when he got in the tub), he refused undies and diapers.  He went potty several times, without me asking.  And he didn't have any accidents.  So maybe potty training won't be too bad.  He's a month away from two-and-a-half.  Fingers crossed.  (It would be so nice to not have to wash diapers).

On Saturday I chopped off all of my hair.  It was long enough to donate to Wigs for Kids.  Now I have a pixie that is blue.  I'm still getting used to it, but mostly I love it.


No comments:

Post a Comment