Just the life of any other Rachel

Thursday, January 6, 2022

A day in the life

The kids had their biannual dentist visit this week.  It was fortunate that Aaron was off of work that day, because it's hard to manage the two of them at the same time (God bless you people with 3+ kids!).  I took Bertram, because he responds better with me, and Bron doesn't really care much.  Last time it was a struggle to get anything done.  Bertram was apprehensive, and asked a lot of questions.  But he did great.  He let them do everything they needed, except for x-rays, which we'll try next time.  He is going to need braces, which we had assumed. So we have an appointment with the orthodontist in a month.  He has his heart set on Invisaline.  I'm fine with that, because tooth hygiene is way easier without metal braces.  But I'm worried he'll lose the retainer (or whatever it's called), because he's not sure responsible with stuff.  We have good dental, which includes orthodontics, so I'm not too concerned about cost.  Though, in reality, I have no clue how much it costs.  I guess we'll see.  Both Aaron and I had braces.  I got my first set (to correct my overbite) in 3rd or 4th grade.  Then the full set until I was 15.  I was/am really good about wearing my retainers so my teeth still look nice.  Anyway, he was very compliant, and I was happy with his behaviour.  (I had told  him that if he wasn't well behaved he'd have to go back to school after the dentist, but if he behaved he could have the rest of the day off.)
Bronwyn's appointment was fairly quick, because she was a little combative.  Aaron had to hold her, and pin in her arms and legs.  But they checked her teeth, and gave her fluoride treatment (which is what I wanted most for her visit). 

We didn't have ABA that day because our tech was awaiting a second negative covid test.  We decided to go for a hike.  We did the same route we did a few days previous.  Bron was not into it that day, and went very slowly.  We got to the trailhead (about a mile), and turned around.  She had to be carried the whole way down (which is better than up).  Bertie did well on the hike and wanted to continue (like we had the other day), but it was not meant to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment