Just the life of any other Rachel

Monday, January 17, 2022

And then came Covid

 Starting on last Tuesday night, Bron had a fever.  Getting a covid test around here has been next to impossible.  Fortunately, the school district offers free tests for students and employees.  Both kids stayed home. We got Bron tested on Wednesday, and Bert on Thursday.  Bron was positive, Bert was negative. We still kept Bert home for the rest of the week.  Bron was sick on Wednesday, decent fever, tired, little cough.  After Wednesday, she bounced back pretty much to normal.  Friday afternoon, it hit me pretty suddenly.  Tired, achy.  I checked Kaiser, and they magically had testing appointments available that afternoon.  Aaron and I got tested, since the kids had just gotten their tests.  Friday night my fever went up to 102.7.  I took medicine and went to bed.  I was in bed pretty much all day on Saturday.  Sunday, I was probably operating at 75%.  During this time, both kids had low fevers off and on.  And our home tests arrived from Amazon.  Early this morning, Aaron and I finally got our test results back.  I was positive, he was negative.  That was a surprise.  Aaron isn't feeling great, but he tested negative, and retested this morning with the home test, still negative.  So I'm not sure what is wrong with him, but I guess it's not covid.  Which is good, because we're out of food.  He's at Safeway right now.  The other surprise this morning was that Bertram was positive.  Those home tests are pretty great.  (They are the type of test that show if you're still contagious).

I'm still a little sick.  Tired, sore throat, stuffy nose. But really it was very mild in our house.  I assume it's a combination of Omicron flavour, and everyone (except Bronwyn) being vaxxed (and boosted for Aaron and I).  

I was waiting for this to happen, I knew we wouldn't be able to skate by.  Masked are required for both of them at school, but I know Bronwyn isn't the best able keeping hers on.  Plus both kids are always touching their faces and mouths.  

So we're all going stir crazy.  And to add to the craziness, both kids have been up since well before 5.  I'm not actually sure how early.  I know Bronwyn was in bed with Aaron and was awake off and on from 1:30(?).  I went in Bertram's room to sleep and he was up from probably 3(?).  So we'll probably attempt some quiet time.  I got up with the kids, (we got out of bed at 4:45, Bronwyn joined us shortly there after), and let Aaron sleep til almost 9.  I was dozing on the couch, and Bronwyn swallowed a lego.  So I'm not winning mom of the year any time soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment