Just the life of any other Rachel

Wednesday, July 27, 2022

Halfway

 We're halfway through our trip.

On Monday, Bron woke up with a fever, and a little cough.  I was worried about covid, of course.  Her test was negative.  Bertram and I went out for a bit in the morning.  We went to 5 Below and Barnes and Noble.  Bronwyn requested a new Unicorn Diaries book.  It was a pretty quiet day after that.  Lots of YouTube.  Jessica came over for dinner.  We had chicken casserole.  I drove with mom to take Jessica home.  It was storming like crazy.  I had to sit in the parking lot for a bit til the rain calmed down, it was hard to see.  We went to Crumbl after.   

Kids woke up at 4am

Puddles after the storm




Bronwyn still had a fever on Tuesday.  Another negative covid test.  It was cool enough that I got to walk in the morning.  I hadn't had an opportunity to do it most of the trip.  We watched more YouTube.  (Mostly "Half Asleep Chris" (he has cat videos), and Mark Rober (he makes inventions)).  Rebecca came over in the afternoon.  She and I went to Target and the Dollar Tree.  It was nice to spend time with her.  We stopped by Sonic for a drink and snack.  She went home.  We had burgers for dinner.

Today the kids slept til a good time, almost 7. Bron was in my bed from 11:30 on, but slept til after 7.  She didn't feel warm when she woke up.  When we got to Nana and Papa's house she started coughing and feeling warm again.  I gave her a Tylenol.  And we got ready to go to the water park.  I hadn't been there in 20? years.  The kids did well on the drive.  Rebecca drove there.  We spent time in the wave pool, at the kid splash pads.  We did some of the smaller slides with both kids.  Bron was brave.  Bert was not, but still did well.  There was a medium slide that both kids wanted to go on.  They went to the top with Rebecca.  But both changed there minds.  We went on the lazy river.  Then got some lunch.  Then we went back in the wave pool.  After that we got treats.  Bron got a big waffle cone with vanilla ice cream. She ate part of it, Rebecca and I split the rest.  Bertram got a snow cone from the Kona Truck.  (He saw that at the beginning of the day, and really glommed on to the idea.  He asked about it several times throughout the day).  There was one ride we were going to ride called Big Daddy Falls, which is a ride that like 5 or 6 people go down the slide in a big raft.  Bronwyn really wanted to go on it.  Bertram did not.  And in the end we didn't get around to it.  Bron was pretty upset about it.  When we left everyone was tired, hot, and grumpy.  I drove home.  Bronwyn fell asleep before we got on the highway.  Bertram fell asleep about halfway home.  (It's about an hour away).  Bron was feeling warm again, and complaining about feeling cold.  I give her another Tylenol.  She rested.  Later in the evening, I gave her some Advil.  Both kids were asleep by 8. I have a little sunburn, which is pretty typical for me.

Tomorrow we're probably going to Rebecca's house to swim.  And Friday is the trampoline park.  (We were supposed to go Monday, but I postponed because of Bron's fever.  After that we're going to visit Nanny.  Not sure what Saturday, Sunday and Monday hold.  Tuesday it's back to Californina.  The trip went by fast, as it always does.  It'll be nice to get home, and see Aaron again.    

No comments:

Post a Comment