Just the life of any other Rachel

Saturday, July 30, 2022

Saturday

On Thursday we went to Chesterfield Town Center.  I got a few things at Old Navy.  We had pretzels for lunch.  Bronwyn was starting to feel better.  But she was draining a little, so a wet cough and the sniffles.  I got her some Claritin; it's helped some.  We got Chinese for dinner.  I ate way too much.

We had a pretzel left over from yesterday for breakfast.  It was a little chewy, and then I broke my tooth.  the premolar on the bottom cracked in half.  From a pretzel!  Ugh.  It wouldn't have mattered if it happened at home, as my dentist isn't open on Fridays.  It doesn't hurt.  I went to the store and got some tooth glue, and put it back in.  But it didn't last.  I took the kids to the trampoline park.  It was pretty loud inside, and both kids had their hands over their ears.  Bertram started crying and saying he wanted to go home.  It cost almost $80 for the three of us and socks.  I told him we were going to try it out for a while and if they weren't having fun we could leave.  Bronwyn got into it pretty quickly.  Bertram kept being upset so I called my mom and asked if she could pick him up.  But by the time she arrived he was having a good time.  They especially liked playing in the foam pits.  Bronwyn was pretty fearless, Bertram was more cautious, of course.  We ended up staying for our whole allotted time.






In the afternoon we went swimming at my aunt's house.  The kids had a lot of fun, and one of my cousins, who I hadn't seen in the long time, was there too.  Bertram loved the diving board.  He is still using his lifejacket.  




Some storms were coming, so we got out, and went down the road to visit Nanny.  She wasn't particularly with it on that day.  So we visited for a bit and waited out the storm before driving home.

I woke up with a lesser version of what Bronwyn had.  No fever, stuffy nose, and a cough.  Sudafed helped.  The weather was nicer today than it had been, much cooler and less humid.  I was going to walk, but didn't end up doing it.  I started drinking my coffee over ice, because it's too hot for hot coffee.  It's delightful.  We went to Target and JC Penney in the morning.  I found some really cute things.  And some baby things for Rebecca.  Mom suggested I put them away for her baby shower.  We got lunch at Panera, and then went back home for a bit.  I took a quick nap.  Then we went to Rebecca's house and swam for a while. We got gas on the way home, and got Wendy's for dinner.  I gave everyone a bath, and did some laundry.  Bron fell asleep at Nana and Papa's house.  She woke up long enough to come home.  And then fell asleep again.

No comments:

Post a Comment