Just the life of any other Rachel

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Getting out of my comfort zone.

I've been trying to push myself a little this week.  My shrink suggested it.  So I've been doing things I don't want to do.  For example, I exercised 2 days this week.  Friday, after work I drove up and met Aaron at the temple.  Today I had a voicemail from a lady in the ward inviting me to go to Panera with her and some others during men's conference.  I would normally have just ignored something like this.  My agoraphobia has been worse lately.  And I'm not the best at social situations, interacting with people.  Especially Mormon women, at times.  Generally I'm way more liberal than any of the others I come across (which isn't saying much, because I'm not overly liberal by mainstream standards... actually, maybe that says a lot).  But I had fun, and was glad I went.

But generally I still feel like I'm sinking.  Becoming more withdrawn.

Also my coworker/best buddy left for maternity leave on Thursday.  I spent more time with her than anyone (just by virtue of being in the same place for hours a day).  So that's kind of a bummer.

No comments:

Post a Comment