Just the life of any other Rachel

Saturday, March 3, 2012

The random list of things from today.

  • I took Diamond Jim to the vet, because he'd been barfing all week.  He was a very good boy.  And on the way home, I let him out of the crate in the car, which he liked a lot.  Anyway, he has some GI issues, just like his mommy.  So he's on some meds and special diet.
  • The weather was wonderful today.  I've had the windows open for most of the afternoon.  My house smells like steak.  It's kind of making me hungry, despite not having eaten steak in 3+ years.
  • Aaron went to the city to play D&D with his friends.  So I was on my own.
  • I went to my dad's to clean and get things ready for my sister, who's coming in a week.  (EEE!)
  • My crohns has been very under control lately.  I think we finally have a regiment that is going to work.
  • However, my depression is getting much worse.  All I want to do in lay in bed all day.  And/or cry.  But I force myself to do the necessary things.  I'm going to talk to the bishop tomorrow to see if I can get a referral to an LDS therapist.  (Usually they're cheaper than regular ones, and they can give me a religious perspective too.  But my thoughts have been scaring me lately.  Like driving home I thought, I can drive real fast into that lamp post, and maybe that would do it.  I don't think I'd actually commit any self-harm.  But the fact that I keep thinking about it frightening.
  • My grandpa isn't dying.  He just had a bleeding ulcer.
  • I line dried a bunch of clothes today.  It's awesome.
  • I wish I could read, or pronounce Welsh.
  • Somewhere in my cleaning adventures today, I really hurt my back.  I asked Aaron to get some topical muscle relaxant on his way home.
  • Despite being in pain, and not wanting to, I took the dogs on a long walk.  Well, not long, 2.2 miles, but they haven't done that distance in quite a while.  So they're happy, and pooped.

1 comment:

  1. glad kitty is okay!
    Your current depression is eerily similar to where I was almost exactly a year ago. Fearful I'd lose my job, etc- the job was what was causing it all. Therapy helped... somewhat. I need to go back. It's such a time commitment, though! I know one hour every week or every other week shouldn't be so much that it stands in the way of me regaining my full self... But I can't get myself to take the time off work. I don't need it badly enough, I guess.

    ReplyDelete