Just the life of any other Rachel

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

More bullets

  • I'm not sure what I think of Concerta yet.  It seems to be ok, but I'm still tired.  I assume these things take time to work.
  • Yesterday Zelda got her yearly shots and an anal gland draining.  She was sad.  And the vaccines have made her more tired and lazy then usual.
  • I could not get out of bed this morning.  I actually thought about calling in to work.  Then I thought better of it.  I called LDS family services yesterday.  But apparently they're as backed up as Kaiser.  That means no talk therapy for Rachel for a while.  I just kind of feel like I'm sinking deeper and deeper.  Every now and then I have the thought "I can kick this.  I can be in control of my mind/thoughts/feelings".  But it is fleeting.  Then when I need it, the motivation is gone.
  • Don't worry, few readers, I'm not suicidal. I'm not doing any form of self harm.  I just want to not exist.  Which usually results in being on (of/in) the couch or bed.  Sometimes reading.
  • I really need to force myself to walk outside everyday.  It's more difficult now, because it's cold and rainy.  
  • I got a letter from a friend the other day.  My friend is graduating from university.  Friend is my age, has had a share (or two) of struggles, and wasn't sure finishing school was in the cards (though, was continually trying).  I have to say, this graduation notice made me so happy and proud.  Things have been going so much better for my friend, and this is just icing on the cake.  I feel a bit guilty though.  Because I should just be happy for my friend.  But also, it gives me reason to hope.  Some of our issues are/were similar (some very different), but it gives me hope that things can get better.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry you've been feeling so rotten--both physically and emotionally. I definitely understand where you are coming from. Dealing with pain every single minute of every day--and dealing with the ramifications of that when it comes to having kids, etc... has really worn down on me over the last few years. I'd love to keep up with you more regularly via FB and the blog. I hope to start blogging again soon too.

    ReplyDelete