Just the life of any other Rachel

Thursday, May 24, 2012

God Bless You.

I was on my way home, after work, and after stopping at Trader Joes.  As I pulled up to the intersection, I saw a man with a sign.  I didn't actually read the sign, the only thing I saw was "HOMELESS".  And by some miracle, I actually had cash.  So I pulled out a couple dollars.  Then I asked him if he wanted a piece of fruit (since I just came from the store, and the front seat was full of groceries).  He seemed surprised that I'd offer.  I wanted to give him an apple.  But the light changed before I found them, so I gave him an un-ripe nectarine.  (At which point I felt really bad, because aside from it not being ripe yet, he also didn't have a lot of teeth).  He said "Thank you!  God bless you.  Have a good night".

All I could think as I drove away was that God has already blessed me.  I'm able to give to people.  I have an abundance of food.  I have enough money that I can be picky about what I buy and eat.  I have a home.  I have wonderful pets who only want food and love (not always in that order).  I have a wonderful, hardworking husband.

Then as I drove on Let My Love Open the Door came on the radio.  Perfect, no?

No comments:

Post a Comment