Just the life of any other Rachel

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Yoie


We'd been out a little over an hour.  Visiting grandma and baby Isaac.  When we came home, Yoie was acting like she was having a seizure.  There was a lot of vomit around.  She was convulsing, and her mouth was foaming.  I scooped her up and squeezed her for a couple minutes.  (Some months ago, something similar happened, but it only lasted five minutes, then she was ok, just tired.  When we mentioned it to the vet, he said, since it hadn't happened before, she'd likely eaten a spider or bee.)  But after a couple minutes, she wasn't any better, so off to the emergency vet we went.  It was 3.45, and I was pretty sure our normal vet closed at 4.  She was very unsteady in the car.  Still drooling, still shaking.

When we got there they whisked her to the back.  After a while, they said they'd started her on an IV to replace her fluids, and given her some Valium (Vicodin?) to help her.  When the vet came in to talk to us, he wasn't sure if it was a toxicity issue or a neurological issue.  They're going to keep her overnight, and do some other stuff.

Aaron went to visit her again.  I can't do it.  I hate that I can't.  But we saw her before we left.  And she was just so sad.  She had this look that said "please, please, please take me home.  Please."  It felt awful to leave her.  So I didn't think I could do it again.  It sounds weird, but she's my dog.  I sort of consider Zelda to be Aaron's dog, and Yoie to be mine.  And she's bonded more to me, she's my little baby.  I'm her mommy.  She's always super protective of me, and I feel like I can't do anything more to help her.

The vet said she seems to be improving.  But they still don't know what's wrong.  I just want her to come home.


No comments:

Post a Comment