Just the life of any other Rachel

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Misc.

Due to an error in communication, Aaron and I were no together on our anniversary.  It was pretty lame.  He was volunteering at camp.  Maybe we can take a day when Summer is over and do something.  But he'll be back and forth to camp a few more times and then to Dallas for 2 weeks.  Plus, the boss and I need to get the billing department situated, before I can schedule time off.

So here's what I did on our 7th anniversary:
  • Woke up at 7, cleaned the house and started laundry
  • found a HUGE cockroach in the garage, and trapped it under a cup
  • Cleaned more, due to cockroach-induced paranoia
  • Went to rest in bed, and read my new Marie Claire, only to find ants.  Then I continued cleaning, and then sprayed bug spray.
  • Then I showered
  • Saturday was also the company picnic, and since it was at a park, I decided (very stupidly) to bring the dogs.  
  • The dogs did ok, until another dog showed up (usually they do ok on neutral territory).  Actually, Zelda did fine, Yoie was the problem
  • Thought walking them around would calm them down, so I could tie them to the table and socialize.  
  • Ended up sticking them in the car for a few minutes (it was a cool day, but I still hated doing it).  And ended up leaving before getting to eat.
  • Came home, ate cookies and a banana and took a two hour nap.
  • Watched several episodes of Taboo on Netflix, and then decided I didn't have the perfect pink nail polish.
  • Went to Target, bought said polish.  Stopped at Panda Express to buy myself a fancy anniversary dinner.
  • Ate, painted my nails, and watched more Taboo, before switching to an Auschwitz documentary.
  • Aaron called to get directions to a Walmart in Livermore, to keep a ladder from flying off of the truck.
  • 11pm, went to bed.
So it wasn't really what I would have wanted.  And there were way too many bugs in the house.

I ended up staying home from church today.  I haven't been feeling well for a week.  And I took Hurima this week.  So the idea of being exposed to 100+ people's germs was not too appealing.  And I took a nap, which was nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment