Just the life of any other Rachel

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Procrastination

I hate procrastination.  In school I always finished my essays early, so I wouldn't have to panic at the last minute.  It's not an environment I thrive in.  Plus, I like to do things well, and doing them last minute usually doesn't lead to quality.  At least not for me.

Yet,

I'm teaching ladies' Sunday school tomorrow, and don't have much ready.  I've read the lesson, but I haven't really started putting anything together yet.  Plus I always bring treats, which I also haven't put together.  I've sent Aaron to the grocery store to get Jelly Belly's for my treat.  It's too hot, and I don't feel like baking.

Yeesh.  I do not like confrontation.  Our neighbours have a giganto Camphor tree.  It's complete destroyed our driveway.  Aaron's folks (who own our house) have talked (well, mentioned) to the neighbours about getting rid of the tree.  Tonight, we noticed a huge limb that is broken in the tree, waiting to fall into the driveway.  So I went to tell my in laws (because now we can't park in the driveway).  And my father in law sort of laid into the neighbour.  She kept saying, oh, the tree is healthy.  He'd say, yeah, but it's destroying my house.  So he said the limb needs to be taken care of on Monday, and the tree needs to be removed asap ("it's been going on too long!").

We did 5 loads of laundry today, and didn't use the dryer at all.  It was 96 here, so the clothes dried on the line really quickly.  Yay.

I'm having a down day.  I realized that aside from one, all the other couples we know who weren't suppose to be able to have kids (or not have them easily), have had kids (naturally, I might add).  I know I should be happy for them.  And I am, but I'm also jealous.  Why does everyone else get the blessing of children?  It's hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment