Just the life of any other Rachel

Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Laid off.

I knew it was coming.  Not sure how, but sometimes you can just tell.  My tasks were getting lighter, some different cross-training had been going on.

I'm always the first one in.  6:30 is an early start.  I saw Shauna's (my supervisor) car, and I knew.  She said nothing personal, we loved having you, we wish there were a way to keep you, etc.  I got my final cheque, a small box with my stuff, and by 6:45 I was back in my car and headed home.

It isn't a terrible thing.  I only worked 8 hours a week, so it wasn't a lot of money.  We can tighten our belts.  But I liked my job.  I'd been there 6.5 years.  It was my break from baby, and time in the adult world.

I looked at unemployment, and it's just not worth it.  It would get something like $40 a week, and I need to apply to 10+ jobs (ones that I wouldn't want or wouldn't be a good fit), not to mention all the other hoops you need to jump through.

And so, I feel sad.  I had a milkshake.  For the first time in 33 days.  I went on a long walk.  It didn't help.  So I mostly took today to wallow.  Tomorrow is another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment