Just the life of any other Rachel

Monday, November 25, 2013

Crummy day.

Mood swings and back pain and weight gain.  Oh my!

I had a 24 week prenatal visit this morning.  I found out I've gained about 28 lbs so far!  I always told myself I would not be one of those ladies who let themselves go.  I wouldn't give into craving, and I'd exercise.  Well, I didn't give into a lot of cravings, but I've certainly been eating.  I haven't been exercising nearly enough.  But I can't believe I'm only a little more than half way there, and I've gained all the weight I'm supposed to gain.  Grr.  Plus I'm worried about gestational diabetes.

My back has been bothering me since about 14 or 15 weeks.  Today it's been killing me.  Nothing seems to help much, except contorting myself into odd positions, but I can't stay in them forever.

On the way home, I went to the grocery store to get some healthier food.  I bought two dozen eggs, because I planned to make some hard-boiled eggs to have to breakfast/snacks.  I got some fruit and veg and yogurt.  I got home and took some eggs out to boil.  The first one was broken.  The next one was also broken.  In fast, all but 2 of the eggs were broken.  (They looked fine from the top, but were all broken on the bottom).  The other dozen was completely fine.  So I boiled those, and left the broken dozen on the counter for Aaron to take back.

Then I started to prep the Tofurky.  We were eating dinner at Aaron's folks house, but I wanted to have lunch for tomorrow.  So I chopped up all the vegetables and got everything ready.  Then I had to get the Tofurky out of it's plastic wrapper, and managed to slice my thumb, because I was holding the knife backwards! Ugh.

Then I had a huge sobbing breakdown.  Somehow Aaron convinced me to calm down and he took the eggs back and exchanged them.

I'm still feeling grouchy and sad (and in pain), but I'm not falling apart.

I should count my blessings.  I have a healthy baby, who's growing well.  A nice home, a soft bed, and a great hubby.

1 comment:

  1. Don't feel bad about the weight. Everyone gains differently and I really don't think much you do contributes. I ate everything and anything for 9 months and barely moved off my couch. My best friend ate almost totally vegetarian and worked out almost the whole time. We both gained almost the same amount!

    Also, do you watch Gilmore Girls? I thought Tofurkey was just from that show. I didn't know it was a real thing. Haha!

    ReplyDelete