Just the life of any other Rachel

Saturday, November 30, 2013

Thanksgiving and beyond.

It's been a great weekend so far.

On Thursday we slept in, and then got up and watched the parade.  Well, I watched, Aaron sort of watched/ played computer games.  I also read through the ads.  We took the dogos for a walk around 11, it was nice to walk during the day.  After the walk, we sat around again for a while and had a little lunch.
Around 1 we went down to Aaron's folks house to get stuff prepped for frying the turkey.  Our two-year old nephew was there already, watching Jake the Pirate?  Or something like that.  It makes Aaron and I realize how much we hate kids shows.  We hope to be able to not have tv watching, but we'll see how it actually goes.
Aaron did the actual frying, I helped him set up a bit, but then went inside.  Big deep fat fryer+ propane tank= more anxiety for Rachel.  Aaron called me back out to test the temp.  I asked where to stick it, he said he didn't care.  So I used a few different locations, they all tested cooked, so we brought it in.  They let it rest, and did some other prep.  I ate hors d'vors and chatted.  Aaron and his mom went to carve the turkey, and found a lot of raw spots.  D'oh.  But they were able to microwave it, and everything was ok.  It was still really moist.  Food was really good.  My dad came, he's feeling pretty good.
We went home around 6, and I started working on my quilt.  I had previously pin basted it, so I started machine quilting, using stitch in the ditch.  I did most of my vertical lines.  Around 10:30, I convinced Aaron to take me Grey Thursday shopping.  We went to Target to get dvds, and found a few other thing.  Target was really easy, it was a quicker check out than normal.  Then we went to Kohls, because they had a blanket I wanted.  Kohls was another story.  The line went around the store, and was really slow.  I got my blanket and stood in line while Aaron looked at stuff.  Then I had him stand in line while I looked for maternity clothes (there weren't any).  The line took a long time, and Aaron got grouchy.  After that we went home.
Slept in a little on Friday, then we went to JoAnns.  Aaron needed stuff for his quilt.  (He's making a boy scout t-shirt quilt for a charity auction.)  I pulled a number first (we got number 72, and they were on 30).  So we spent some time shopping around.  Aaroun found his fleece, interfacing, and patch glue.  I found some flannel to make a blanket for Mojo.  It was a while longer there.  So I sent Aaron to the store next door, to not have a repeat of last night.  We had some coupons and got some great deals.  After that we got lunch and then went to OSH and got a dog bed that was on sale.
Then we came home and worked on quilts and watched our new dvds.  In the evening we tried to take the dogs for a walk, but after a couple blocks Yoie didn't want to walk, so I zipped her into my coat, which worked ok, except she's heavy for me now.
Slept in again this morning, and then went to do my Glucose Screen.  That was ok, the drink made me feel a little sick.  I ate lunch and took a nap.
It's been a nice weekend.  I'm enjoying the time off.

No comments:

Post a Comment