Just the life of any other Rachel

Monday, November 18, 2013

Today

Or: I have plenty of first world problems.

I got up at 5:40.  It's so hard to get out of bed so early.  Especially since it's so cold now.  I laid in bed, and played with my phone for a few minutes before forcing myself out of bed.  I had gotten my stuff ready the night before, so I didn't have much to do and headed out the door at 6:04.

There was no traffic, which was nice.  I got on 85N, and was going somewhere between 65 and 70 the whole way.  A couple miles in, (I was driving in the middle lane) a motorcycle flew by me before I even had time to register what it was.  He must have been doing at least 90!  (It was still dark out!)  Yikes.

I got to work a few minutes early, only to find I left the heat off all weekend, so it was 53 in my office.  Brr.

I started working and ate my breakfast.  I've gotten to the point in my pregnancy where everything tastes really good.  After breakfast, despite not being hungry, I thought it would be a good idea to eat all my snacks.  That was good, until I had terrible indigestion the rest of the day.  I'm a glutton.

Also, I've been achy.  My back hurts off and on.  My ribs on the right side hurt pretty often.  And lately, my left knee has been hurting.  Plus, Mojo starting doing this weird thing lately.  It's like he's stretching, or something.  It's kind of pinchy.  But Aaron felt him move for the first time yesterday!  That was exciting.  (He moves mostly in the morning, so far).

Aaron called after he drove my dad to and from his follow up appointment with Dr Youn (the surgeon).  He got his staples out, and everything looks good.  The doctor wants my dad to drink more (since the colon absorbs most of the water).  My dad got the ok to eat a regular diet again, so he wanted lots of fatty snacks.  He lost about 20 lbs.  (He's right around 140 right now).  Aaron had a lot of running around to do later in the day, so he passed the request on to me. (Dad still isn't good to drive, not til he stops getting light-headed).

Blue Cross was having system problems all morning.  It was really annoying because they'd said call back in an hour, then I would, and they'd say call back in 30 minutes.  Grr.  Your one job is to have the system working.  (This happens about once a month).

(The Big Lots near my house had a grand re-opening.  They put in cold cases, and milk and ice cream and stuff like that.  The ads I'd heard made it sound like all the stores would have that).  At lunch I went to the Big Lots by work to get my dad some cookies, candy, chips, and ice cream.  That Big Lots had signs that said "grand re opening" too.  The stuff inside was all rearranged, but there were no cold cases!  The aisles were a lot closer together, which made it really hard to navigate.  That was annoying.

So I ran over to Target after that to buy frozen stuff. There was a bunch of sister missionaries hanging out in the parking lot.  8 or 10 of them!  I don't think I've ever seen so many sisters hanging out together before.  Weird.

After work I drove to my dad's to give him his snacks.  It took a long time to get on the freeway, for some reason, even though the freeway was fine.  I didn't stay long, since I still wasn't feeling great.

When I got home, I saw that the dogs did something bad.  One of us, mistakenly, left the pet food cabinet unlocked (the cats can open it).  Strewn all around the house were bits of packaging.  The dogs had pulled out all the treats (both dog and cat), tore the bags open and ate the contents.  Fiona is having some IBS issues, and is supposed to be on a very controlled diet.  So they ate pretty much all the treats and some packaging. Arg.

Aaron just came home a little before 9.  Fortunately, this is his only night meeting this week (I think).

Bending and getting up off the floor are starting to get hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment