Just the life of any other Rachel

Monday, November 10, 2014

Misc


  • Aaron and I started a week-long Diet Coke fast yesterday.  So we're nearly two days down.  It hasn't been quite as hard as I thought.  I'm definitely craving it (especially now, as I'm typing about it).  No caffeine headaches so far.  But I hit a point this afternoon where I couldn't keep my eyes open.  I dozed with Bertie for a little bit, which was nice.
    We'd been drinking way too much.  Like 3-4 cans a day (some were caffeine-free).  But it was just way too much.  Plus it's an extra expense that we don't need to spend.  Once we're done with the week, maybe we'll have some again.  I'm thinking about just having it as a "treat" and not keeping it in the house.
  • Bertie has become an excellent sitter.  I can't get over how cute he is.  I bathed him in the sink a couple days ago.  Now that he can sit on his own, he has so much fun.  He just splashed and smiled.
  • I've started exercising again.  My goal is 6 days a week: 2 cardio, 2 strength, 2 yoga. Last week was the first week I got back into it, and I did four days (and got my 10,000 steps in every day too).  So far this week I did power yoga today, and we're going for a family hike.
  • My mom and stepdad are coming to visit in less than a month!  EEEeeeee!
  • I figured out how to do a back carry with Bertie in the Ergo.  I wasn't sure I could do it without help but it wasn't too hard.  (Thanks, YouTube!)  And now I can do quite a bit of work while holding him. Though, he's happy to play by himself a lot now.
  • Things Bertram likes to eat: crackers, shredded cheese, tortilla, beets, squash, sweet potato, apple, pear, mango, yogurt (with fruit mixed in), avocado (if mixed with something else), rice, peas (if he's finger feeding, he doesn't really like baby food peas), mashed potatoes, raw tofu and carrots.  There isn't really anything he doesn't like so far.  Some things he likes a lot better if they're mixed with something else.

No comments:

Post a Comment