Just the life of any other Rachel

Thursday, November 13, 2014

Tomorrow will be kinder.

Today was quite a day.  It started out well enough.  Bertie woke a little after 7, nursed and went back to sleep until 10.  In turn, I went back to sleep until 10.

We got up and both had breakfast.  He was acting like he was still tired.  So I tried to lay him back down.  That didn't work, so we went to visit his great grandma for a little bit. He seemed tired again.  I thought about going to Ikea today, and in retrospect, I should have just gone.  I tried putting him down a lot of times. I tried laying down with him.  I tried rocking him.  He nursed a lot.  Despite having slept a lot last night, nearly 10 hours, I was exhausted all day.  All I wanted was a nap.  Every time I wasn't holding him

I also kept looking to see if my MiL came home.  Because loves seeing Bertie, and I really wanted the break.  But she was gone all day.

Around 4:30 he finally went to sleep!  The heavens opened and the angels sang.  I got a couple things done, and then I took a nap on the couch with Zelda.  Bertie woke up around 6, and my MiL was home, so we went to visit for a bit.  We came home, he had dinner, I had dinner.  He played a little bit, and I sent him to bed at 7:30.

Aaron was working all day, so I haven't seen him.  It was a long day.  I haven't exercised, I barely have 4000 steps, I ate terribly.  I couldn't do anything to help the baby.  And I'm having a crohns pain. It was a bad day.

No comments:

Post a Comment