Just the life of any other Rachel

Sunday, November 30, 2014

Thanksgiving

We had a nice holiday weekend.  Brianon and Thomas came by to visit on Wednesday.  It was really great to see them, since it had been a year or so.
On Thursday we slept in.  And spent the morning bumming around.  Aaron did some raking.  At 2:45 we walked down to the in-law's house.  At the moment we walked into the kitchen, I remembered I didn't make the corn casserole!  So we ran back home and made it, it took about 45 minutes.  We walked back, my dad was already there. (We were a small group this year: Aaron, me, Bertie, Janet, Dennis, dad, grandma, and Aaron's aunt Judy.  Sophie and Ken had issues with his folks, Lewis and Sarah were with her family, and I'm not sure what the Guetschow girls were up to).  We were almost ready to eat when Janet realized she hadn't cooked the dressing.  Dinner was good.  We let Bertie feed himself.  He liked the sweet potatoes and mashed potatoes.  He had a little bit of turkey and some bread.  He had a good time.  (He was 9 months old that day too). It was also the first time Bertie laughed without being tickled.  Something about Judy was
making him laugh.  It was adorable.



After we finished eating, we took pictures.
Four generations

Three generations

Two generations

We had decided that we weren't going to go Grey Thursday, or Black Friday shopping.  But we woke up at 9 on Friday and changed our minds.  Actually Aaron changed his, but I'm always up for a shopping trip.  We went to Oakridge and got a spot right in front of Sears.  Aaron wanted to go to Old Navy, specifically.  We found some good deals.  As we were ready to leave, Bertram fell asleep, so we walked around more, so he could get a nap.
 Shopping companion

Different outfit (stripes on strips), he wet through the overalls from the previous picture

Later in the day we drove to Redwood City to see Trish and Rob(Aaron's bio-mom and her hubby), since they were in town visiting family.  They brought gifts for baby.  We opened two gifts, a nice new outfit, a singing puppy where you press his hands, or ears or tummy, etc. And a couple other little toys, a ball, and a Gumby and Pokey.

Saturday we slept in a little bit.  I woke up to this:

I didn't even remember that Bertie was in bed with me, and usually if he is, he's attached to the teat.  He was next to me, and Yoie was next to him.  It was really cute.

Then we spent the day cleaning the house, since my mom and stepdad will be here on Tuesday!

Bertie helped.

Today we went to church with Janet and that side of the family.  Baby Michael was baptized.  In the afternoon we went to lunch at the Boiling Crab with Trish and Rob.

It was a really good weekend, but my depression was still hitting me really hard. 

1 comment:

  1. depression sucks. and Bertie is the cutest. and I'm really really glad I got to see you!

    ReplyDelete