Just the life of any other Rachel

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Shrinky Dink

I had an appointment with my psychiatrist on Monday.  I see him every three months or so.  Every time I go in, I fill out a depression score sheet.  My score on Monday was about double what it was last time.  I think there is just a lot going on.  Some postpartum stuff, money anxieties, issues with religion, Aaron having been working a lot of nights lately, the list goes on.  My doctor would like to adjust my meds.  But the things he wants to add can't be taken until I'm done nursing Bertie.  (I'll be able to have Adderall again.  Yay!)  In the meantime, he wanted me to start going to a Rapid Symptom Relief group.
I went to the first group meeting last night.  It was pretty good, except the guy sitting near me had super bad BO.  We did a mindfulness exercise, which was kind of neat.  We talked about sleep, and pleasurable activities.  I felt like it was more useful than the previous group I did.  Hopefully it'll be useful in the long term.

I've been trying to set goals.  Exercising, getting my steps in, not overeating, and setting a sleep schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment