Just the life of any other Rachel

Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Ch-Ch-Changes

I'd been looking for a job, a couple of large expenses (tires etc) have made our savings dip quite low.  It's hard to find a job that will work, since I don't have infinite child care for Bertie.  My MiL said 3 days a week would be her max.  I had gotten a job interview with Waiter.com to be a lunchtime delivery driver.  M-F from 10:30-1:45.  But I found out that won't work for her.  So I nixed it.  This is why my old job was so great (aside from the fact that I really liked medical billing, and didn't mind dealing with insurance companies), I worked from 6:30am-10:30am 2-3 times a week.  So Aaron had Bertram until 8ish, then took him to his mom's house.  I was looking for early morning or late night.

Then I found a seasonal position with Amazon, working in their warehouse.  And it looks like I've got that job.  I need to go fill out forms on Wednesday.  It's 4-5 days a week (the days are all in a row, but I don't know which days yet), and the shift is from Midnight to 4-6:15.  (This is all from the posting, I'll get more info tomorrow, hopefully).  It pays $13.50 an hour, which is great for unskilled labour.  It's seasonal, so through the new year, then I'll either be done, or maybe I can stay on at reduced hours.  Not sure yet.  It's 12 miles away, in San Jose but near Milpitas.  Usually that would make for an awful commute, but the hours make it a really easy commute (just hop up 880).

Hopefully I can nap from 8pm-11ish.  Then Adderall, work, and maybe a nap once I get home, if my MiL can watch Bertie.  Otherwise he can watch tv for a couple hours (great parenting), and I'll nap.  We'll see how it goes, I'm sure I'll work something out.

No comments:

Post a Comment