Just the life of any other Rachel

Sunday, September 25, 2016

First Day

Today was my first day at Amazon.  Our warehouse receives boxes that are already packed and labeled, we then sort them by where in the area they are being shipped.  So far it was fairly easy, but tiring work.  I didn't work the whole shift, because we had some orientation at the beginning, and I still had 7100 steps by the time I left.

I'm still not sure of my schedule.  The problem with big companies (like this) is there isn't anyone around to ask.  The warehouse is stand alone, all the HR is in another building.  So I'm going back tonight, as it was suggested by the floor manager (since he didn't know either).

I'm working 12:30am-5:30am.  I slept a little this morning, about 90 minutes, but I couldn't sleep this afternoon.  I'm grumpy from no sleep. So I'm going to take some melatonin around 5pm, so I can nap til a little after 11.

I left too early last night.  I was there by midnight.  So I think I'll leave at midnight, then I should get there at 12:20ish.  (The site is as north as you can go and still be in San Jose.  As in, the other side of Montague Expressway is Milpitas.  I'm just south of the Great Mall).

The shipment didn't get done by 5:30, so some people stayed on.  I would have, except I needed sleep (since I was teaching at church today).  And I didn't bring adequate food (or any money, because I'm a dummy), so I was starving at 5:30.  Tonight, I'll stay a little later if they need it.  I think if I leave there by 6, I should miss most traffic.

I'm sure this is really disjointed, but there ya go.  Day 1 is in the books.

No comments:

Post a Comment