Just the life of any other Rachel

Tuesday, September 6, 2016

waiting.

This morning I found a lump on the side of my neck.  It's small, like a hard contact lens.  I called advice, but the wait was long, so I made an appointment instead.

At 11:30 Bertie and I went to the doctor.  My hope was she would say "Oh, that is nothing.  Don't even worry about it!"  It's not nothing, but it may not be something either.  She said it is on my lymphnode.  It's possibly an infection.  She asked if I'd be open to trying a course of antibiotics (she's usually reticent to give antibiotics).  So I have some Keflex.  She said that ENT wouldn't do a biopsy unless it's been present for a month (or longer).

So we wait.

Take the Keflex and hope it goes away.

It's scary to think about even the idea of cancer.  Especially since I've long had the feeling that I would die young, from cancer.

But it's probably nothing.  Hopefully it goes away.

1 comment: