Just the life of any other Rachel

Thursday, September 29, 2016

Week One; done.

It's 6:30am.  I'm off my shift, and currently feeling awake.

It felt like a long week.  I worked 5 days.  I really like the work, it's busy and physical.  I get all 10,000 steps and then some whilst I'm there.  I worked in the same section all week; shelves U1-U11 and a couple C-shelves too.  There are probably 30-40 people on the shift.  We all work from 12:15-3 then a 15 minute break, then back to work til 5:30.  I've been working with Harpreet (I think is her name) all week, the other people in that area have switched daily.  Usually there are 3 people in each section: the diverter (the person who pulls the boxes off the main line), and two Ps (I cannot remember what that stands for right now.  Maybe pre-depart?).  Sometimes there are three pre-depart people.  That's what I did all week.

The schedule has been a little trying on the family.  Aaron has been amazing picking up my stack.  He's told me he's proud of me for working every day.  And brought flowers.  And done Bertie's bedtime routine without me all week.  Plus I haven't been myself, due to sleep deprivation.

But...

 There is a new schedule starting on October 2nd.  I'll be working Friday-Monday 8:15pm to 1:15am.  This is going to be a way better schedule.  I can sleep at a nearly normal time.  And it's over the weekend, so Aaron can watch Bertie if I do need a nap.  I am a little concerned that I may hit a little traffic going into work, but I think it won't be too bad.

That's all for now.  Off to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment