Just the life of any other Rachel

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

All corners

I told Aaron today that I may have cheated on him with SpongeBob Squarepants.  Mojo is all corners.  I can't ever figure out if he's up, or down or which way.  Sometimes it feels like his completely perpendicular to the way he's supposed to be.  It's painful at times.  And when he's under my ribs, it's always on the right side.  I've been playing Bach for Mojo a couple times a day.  He seems to like it.  And Aaron's still working his way through the Hobbit (reading it aloud to my belly (and me) most nights).  The crib arrived the other day.  We need to assemble it, and buy a mattress.  I'm really looking forward to maternity leave and nesting.  11 work days left!!!  We also have our infant care class tomorrow.  I'm sure Aaron will be bored, but I'm looking forward to it.

Dad's been at Good Sam since Friday night.  He has an abscess near his small intestine, and it caused the intestine to be inflamed, and that caused a partial blockage.  So he was put on NPO, and started on some pain meds and iv antibiotics.  Saturday and Sunday he still wasn't feeling well.  He had a CAT scan on Monday, and things were looking better, and he was starting to feel better.  Today he felt pretty good, And he got to start on a full liquid diet.  It's looking like he'll get to go home tomorrow.  Yay.

Aaron's been sick the past couple days.  He has something akin to a mild flu (no fever).  He stayed home yesterday and today, but went to a meeting tonight.  I think he may be well enough to go back to work tomorrow, but we'll see.  He's still pretty weak.  Somehow, I've stayed really healthy through my pregnancy (knock on wood).


No comments:

Post a Comment