Just the life of any other Rachel

Saturday, February 15, 2014

This and that

I'm working on getting things done around here.  I've been having some cramping, and I worry that baby will be here early.  Granted, we have the really important things: car seat, bassinet, clothes, diapers, stroller.  We also have: soap, wipes, lots of clothes, a crib (with mattress being shipped currently), a recliner, boppy pillow, changing table, cloth diapers (to use once the umbilical stump falls off), diaper pail, nail clippers, burp cloths, etc.  Today I order the last of what we "need": crib mattress, pee pee teepees, changing pad and cover, high chair cover, wet bag, pail liner, and flushable diaper liners (for the cloth diapers).  I still need to get a breast pump for storage, and there is a jogging stroller that folds really small (and is only $100) that I want.

I'm currently rewashing the newborn clothes.  At our recent class, they said not to wash baby clothes with your clothes (due to dyes and perfumes).  I'm not too worried about the diapers, and stuff he'll wear later on.  He'll be used to our perfumes and dyes by then.

I ran around a got stuff today.  I finally found the wash tub I wanted.  (I found it online, but today was the first time I saw it in the store).  I bought wipes, anti-scratch mittens, swaddlers, pads (for me), nail clippers, brush, sensitive baby soap, and a trash can for his room.

I went to lunch with Colleen today.  I got to ask her a million questions about birth, and nursing, and being sleep deprived.  She is a mom I'd like to be like (aside from my own), so I want lots of her advice.  (And she's only bout 1.5 miles away, so she's a good resource).

It's kind of weird.  I'm not actually too nervous about the actual birth.  I know there will be pain, but it's what women's bodies' were meant to do.  I feel like I can do it.  Maybe that's foolish, or short sighted, but I feel ok about it.  Kaiser is really supportive of natural birthing, and long labours.  They don't do inductions (unless medically necessary), they have a really low c-section rate, and a really low episiotomy rate.

I'm concerned about the other stuff.  Having a bad latcher, or a bad sleeper, or being too tired to be useful to him.

Eight more work days til maternity leave!!!


Ok some non-pregnancy stuff.  I want to get the taxes done within the next week or so.  Hopefully we did our withholding correctly.

Dad got out of Good Sam on Thursday.  He's still not feeling great, but better.  His surgeon wants to go in and fix the abscess.  Dad doesn't really want to have more surgery.  He has an appointment on Thursday, so we'll see what happens.

Aaron was sick all week.  He had a strep kind of infection.  The antibiotics he got worked really well, and quickly.

I've lost my ipod shuffle.  I think I need to get a new one.

No comments:

Post a Comment