Just the life of any other Rachel

Monday, February 3, 2014

Catch up

It's been a couple weeks, let me see how much I remember.

My mom flew into town on the 22nd of January.  It was really great having her here.  She did a lot of cooking and cleaning.  And she came to see me at work most days for lunch, and we'd go for a walk.

My shower was on Saturday the 25th.  It was nice, and I think everyone had a good time.  I got way too many clothes, and not enough of the essential things.  But we got some really cute things.  Later in the week, I bought the Ergo carrier, and a crib.  Aaron and I went to Ikea and got a changing table.  We still need a bathtub, a crib mattress, a changing table pad, and I'd really like to get my breast pump and jogger before he comes.  But we have the car seat and stroller, a bassinet, a good supply of cloth and little disposable diapers.  So enough to get by, should he come early.

While my mom was here, we had a baby appointment.  She got to hear the heart beat.  Everything still looks good.  I'm still gaining too much weight.  I don't know how it's possible, I've been getting all my steps in, and watching what I eat (counting calories).  At this visit I was at 199.  I was in a different office, so there could be a difference with the scales.  But aside from that, the NP said I looked good.  No puffiness, good BP.  I'm bummed about the weight gain.  I have a lot of work to do, once he's born and I have the ok.  Before that, we'll walk and nurse and sleep.

We (mom, Aaron and I) went on the hospital tour.  That made it all pretty real.  If my mom is here, when I go into labour, she'll be in the room with Aaron.  (I think he's happy to have a team mate, I think he's nervous too).

My mom was supposed to fly back home on Wednesday night.  But her flight was through Atlanta, and all their flights were cancelled.  So she got rebooked for early Thursday morning.  She flew from San Jose, to LAX, to JFK, to Richmond. She had a long day.

Aaron and I got a lot done the Saturday after she left.  We hit the flea market and Ikea.  We got some of the baby stuff done.  We still need to finish organizing his room, and cleaning out the closet in there. I think we need to get rid of some of our stuff.  Our house is too small (actually it's not, but the layout is not great).

Sunday I managed to stay all three hours for church.  Then we watched the Superbowl.

I'm just starting to get uncomfortable in the pregnancy.  And most of the time I still feel ok.  But baby is very lumpy (he takes after Aaron, all elbows, knees and ankles). He seems to like to be up under my ribs.  That's not my favourite, or I'll feel like I have a bad side stitch.  I have back aches off and on.  I get leg cramps in the morning and evening.  Getting up and bending are both getting more difficult.

I need to do the taxes soon.  Ugh, I feel like I have so much to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment