Just the life of any other Rachel

Monday, February 17, 2014

Progress with baby

This may be a TMI post.  You've been warned.

I am 35 weeks and 3 days.

Yesterday things started happening.  I'm pretty sure I lost my mucus plug.  It wasn't plug shaped, but it was a gloopy, gross, sticky thing.  (There's been a little more since then).  Then, I was sitting around in the evening with no shirt (my skin is really sensitive now a days), and I leaked some droplets of colostrum, that's mostly new.  In the middle of the night I woke up to contractions!  Mild, sporadic ones, I assume, I really have no clue, but they were manageable.  There were a few, but they were short, maybe 30-60 seconds.  I found that rocking on my hands and knees worked best.

After a while I went back to sleep, and everything was normal this morning.  I called Labour and Delivery, to find out if I should get checked.  I knew I wasn't in active labour, since things stopped. They said said unless my water started running down my legs (or broken completely), I was having strong contractions about 4 minutes apart.  And as long as baby was still moving normally, then we're all good.  I did send an email to my ob/gyn this afternoon too.  I have my 36 week appointment on Monday, but I want to make sure I don't need to be checked sooner.

I'm a little nervous, because our birthing class isn't until the end of the month.

No comments:

Post a Comment