Just the life of any other Rachel

Thursday, December 5, 2013

A little blah blah

I had a dream about baby Mojo last night.  He was born now, but was somehow full term.  He was a beautiful little baby with a head full of light hair (now Aaron and I have both dreamed that Mojo has light hair(we, of course, both have dark hair, so it's not too likely)).  He was a good baby too, he was quiet, and a really good nurser.  And I had lots of milk!  He spat up a lot.  And I was totally inept.  I had no clue what I was doing, but he was so good, and lovable.  Exciting.

Aaron has been sick since Sunday.  He got in to see the doctor today.  I guess he has something akin to bronchitis.  So he gets some antibiotics, and is probably not contagious anymore.  (Yay!)

Because he's been sick, I've been sleeping in our room, and he's in the guest bed.  Zelda sleeps with me (in her bed, on the floor), and Yoie starts with Aaron and ends up with me.  Aaron usually takes care of Zelda in the night.  In the winter, Zelda has to be tucked in.  And when she moves around and becomes uncovered she wakes up and starts whining.  Tuesday night she woke me up four times!  Plus waking up to have to pee, it was a restless night.  Last night, I got one of the king sized comforters, and covered her and tucked it in.  She only woke up twice.  So I got a better night's sleep.

We got two packages today, both were for me.  I had to peak in one, since I'm ordering stuff from different places too.  (Sorry Mom!  But I didn't open it).

It was so cold today!  My windshield was frozen for the second day in a row.  I'm not sure we got to 50 here (which is very cold for us).  When I went on my lunch walk (at 1:15) there were frozen edges on some puddles.  Crazy.

I had a couple work meetings today.  Everything went well, so I'm feeling a little less stressed.  And we did a little more planning for my maternity leave, and return.

They started removal of our neighbour's giant camphor tree today.  I'm glad this is happening.  It's been a big annoyance.  It drops leaves all year long (which clog our gutters).  It ruined our driveway, and would eventually mess up the foundation of our house.  The big stump is still there, it's going to be worked on tomorrow.

I really hate toilet paper commercials, especially the ones with the bears.  Eww, I don't need to hear about how strong your toilet paper is!  I mean, really.  How hard are you wiping your ass?  Yuck.

No comments:

Post a Comment