Just the life of any other Rachel

Thursday, December 19, 2013

Year End Survey

1. What did you do in 2013 that you'd never done before?
Got pregnant!  Learned to change a colostomy bag

2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I think I wanted to have a baby this year, so that worked out.  I don't have anything in mind for 2014 right now.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
No one in my immediate circle

4. Did anyone close to you die?
Grandpa, and Aaron's uncle Dennis, our kitty Diamond Jim

5. What countries did you visit?
none, still.

6. What would you like to have in 2014 that you lacked in 2013?
A more active life style.

7. What days from 2013 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
The day I took the pregnancy test, for obvious reasons.  The day my dad had his colectomy.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Can I used pregnancy for all the answers?  I did well at work.  Stayed sane through my dad's illness

9. What was your biggest failure?
Gaining a lot of weight in the beginning of the pregnancy.  Oops.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nausea, back pain

11. What was the best thing you bought?
Smart Phones.  We never had them before.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Lots of people.  Aaron for being awesome.  My sister for growing into an awesome adult. People at church for sometimes saying (unknowingly) what I needed to hear.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
A lot of Republicans, other people at church.

14. Where did most of your money go?
Rent.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Being pregnant.  Aaron coming home from camp.

16. What song will always remind you of 2013?
Blurred Lines, because it was on constantly, and I hate that song.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? happier
ii. thinner or fatter? WAY fatter  :-P
iii. richer or poorer? Richer.

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Read, I barely read anything this year.

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Eating junk.


20. How will you be spending Christmas?
With Aaron's family

22. Did you fall in love in 2013?
With a fetus.

23. How many one-night stands?
none, duh.

24. What was your favorite TV program?
Amazing race, Project runway, Big Bang Theory

25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
No, I try not to waste time on hate.

26. What was the best book you read?
The Art of Racing in the Rain.

27. What was your greatest musical (re)discovery?
Queen, Book of Mormon musical soundtrack

28. What did you want and get?
To be healthy, to get pregnant, to be stable

29. What did you want and not get?
A baby girl, or twins.  Maybe next time.

30. What was your favorite film of this year?
I really liked Despicable Me 2

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
We went to Vegas!  I turned 30.  And got knocked up!  Good birthday.

32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Not much, it was a really satisfying year.  I'll say a less barky Fiona.

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2013?
Jeans and tees.  Then panel pants

34. What kept you sane?
Aaron, naps, animal snuggles, music

35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Joseph Gordon Levitt, Adam Scott, Danny Pudi (I like'em geeky)

36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Universal Health Care, Gay Marriage

37. Who did you miss?
Brianon, my sister, my mom

38. Who was the best new person you met?
I don't meet a lot of new people

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2013:
Look for blessings, not bad things.

40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
??

No comments:

Post a Comment