Just the life of any other Rachel

Monday, December 9, 2013

Grumble, grumble

I woke up at my usual 5:30, and stayed snuggled in bed for a while.  I got up to turn on the heat (we set it for 60 overnight).  The thermostat said it was 56!  So I played with it a little, and nothing happened.  Aaron played with it, and managed to make cold air come out.  Aaron said he'd talk to his folks when it was a little later.  After getting dressed in the freezing cold house, I walked to the kitchen, and stepped in a huge puddle of pee, in my sock feet.  ...  I then had to change my socks, and pants (again in the freezing house).  Aaron cleaned up the pee for me, while I went off on a swearing jag.

I went to leave for work, and my windshield was completely iced over.  (It was 27 degrees out then).  I sat in the car, and waited for it to defrost enough for me to drive.  I don't have an ice scrapper anymore, I threw that away when we moved out of Utah.  (Also, I realize it's much colder in other parts of the country, but I live in California for goodness sake!)

Work was fine (and warm).

Aaron got a space heater from his folks, and put both dogs in their sweaters, an closed them in the back to let them warm up.  Apparently, the heat guy came sometime around mid day, and left to get a part (he left his ladder here).  But that was well over 4 hours ago, and it's currently 53 and dropping.  I have the little space heater going, but it's not helping.

I'm just sitting on the couch with Zelda on one side, Moss on the other, and Yoie barking her head off in the other room.  I'm still completely bundled up, but cold.  Aaron was supposed to be home around 5, but isn't.  I'm too hormonal to deal with this right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment