Just the life of any other Rachel

Saturday, December 7, 2013

What I did today.


  • Got up "early" (as opposed to sleeping in) at 7, to go to the flea market.  I think it was about 40 degrees when we got there.
  • We wandered around for about 90 minutes.  It was emptier than usual, due to the cold weather, and that it'd rained last night.  I found a couple books for Mojo, but that was all we got.
  • On the way home we got gas, and donuts.  
  • We laid down for a few minutes when we got home.  Actually Aaron laid down for a few minutes, I ended up napping for 2.5 hours.  He left to go to a memorial while I was asleep.
  • When I got up, I found that Fiona had made a line of poop from the kitchen into the living room.  I cleaned that up, and decided that it was about time to deep clean the kitchen.
  • They finished taking out the tree while all that was going on.  The giant camphor tree is no more.  The stump got all the way ground, hopefully we'll have a driveway again soon.
  • In the kitchen, I put everything away, did all the dishes, scrubbed the counters, and stove top.  I took the recycling and garbage out, and shredded all our papers.  I swept the floor. Then I got a bucket and Lysol and proceeded to scrub the floor on my hands and knees (I did the baseboards too).  Aaron came home while I was scrubbing, so he helped too.  I also ran the laundry while doing all the cleaning.
  • After that we worked on Aaron's quilt.  We'll he did most of it, I assisted when necessary.  The top was sewn together.   He added the patches he wanted (it's a scouting quilt).  Then we pin basted it on the (newly cleaned) kitchen floor.  We went back and forth on whether to tie the quilt, or stitch in the ditch.  Tying is a lot easier, but doesn't look as nice.  Stitch in the ditch is a lot more difficult, but looks a lot nicer.  We ended up using the stitch in the ditch.  We needed to go to ask grandma for some advice on how to minimize pulls on the back of the quilt.  There were a few small mishaps, but it looks really great!  All that's left is the binding, and it's all done.
  • While we were doing that, Julius peed in the dog bed, which was about 5 feet away from us.  I guess Aaron had gotten a little behind in cleaning the boxes, but man, that cat is a jerk.  
  • I've walked 15,100 steps today.  :-D
  • We watched National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation.  Now we're watching Star Trek Into Darkness.
  • I wanted to change the bed linens, and put the laundry away, but I think those things will have to wait til tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment