Just the life of any other Rachel

Monday, October 10, 2016

10. Diet Coke



We have a multi-generational love of Diet Coke.

I can remember when we would get Happy Meals (when I was 5 or 6).  And for some reason, the regular Coke would burn my nose when I burped.  I still have no idea why, but that's how I remember it.  I would sip my mom's Diet Coke, and notice that the nose-burning didn't happen.  From then on I always ordered diet.

My mom always ordered Diet Coke.  Or diet whatever.  There have been rare occasions she'll have a regular drink, but 99.8% of the time it's diet.

My younger sister also loves Diet Coke.  We started calling it Doke, at some point.

It's fairly accurate to say I'm addicted.  (Though, I can and have stopped for a month+ at a time).  But currently, since I'm still getting used to the night shift, I am powered by Diet Coke.  It's funny/sad that when we go to Maccas, Bertie knows what I'm getting.  He'll say something like "I get apples, you get Diet Coke."

No comments:

Post a Comment