Just the life of any other Rachel

Saturday, October 15, 2016

Various other things


  • We switched Bertie's room and the guest room around.  (Our house is weird, you have to walk through bedroom 2 (previously Bertie's room) to get to the master.)  Now that they are switched, we no longer have to sneak through his room at night, or around the back of the house. This is also good now that I work nights, because the dogs want the option of waiting in the front room, or sleeping in bedroom.
    It took a couple nights for Bertram to adjust, as we knew it would.  But he's pretty excited about his new room, and wants to show everyone.
    The set up is also better for both rooms in terms of flow.
    His room is down, the guest room is close, which is good because mom is coming next week!
  • I'm still getting used to the night shift 4 days a week.  I think I need to take melatonin on the days I don't work, so I can sleep at a normal hour. 
  • Fiona had a seizure last Sunday.  I stupidly took her to the vet.  They kept her over night, and ran some tests, but nothing was wrong, and it cost $500.  It was a long seizure.  And I was worried she'd have a stroke attached to it, like Diamond Jim did.  But all is well, so I just need to remember not to take her in next time.
  • I am ready to be done with my blue hair.  But my next hair appointment is 2+ weeks away, so I'll have to keep it a bit longer.
  • We were supposed to have major rain Friday-Sunday.  Maybe some other part of the bay area got some, but it is dry and windy here.  That's a bummer, we need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment