Just the life of any other Rachel

Friday, October 28, 2016

28. Roughing it

We were not a camping family growing up.  Mom never was, dad never was, and us kids never were.  We still aren't.  I've been camping one time, and that was enough.

But in my youth, when we were in Virginia, we would visit 1000 Trails. I think, as an adult, I wouldn't be excited by 1000 trails.  I think it may be a step up from KOA.  But as a kid, oh my goodness, I was always so excited.  We stayed in cabins, they had everything a normal house would, except maybe a tv.  There was a mini golf course, a pool, a small arcade, ping pong, and it was right on a lake, or river.  Like the beach, we went with the extended family, so I had a lot of fun with my cousins.

I asked mom how often we went, because I felt like it was quite a few times, but she said it was only a few.

That was as close to roughing it as we ever got, thankfully.

No comments:

Post a Comment