Just the life of any other Rachel

Thursday, October 20, 2016

20. The one time I was a bad kid.

This took place when I was about 5.  Our grocery store used to have bulk wrapped candy in bins.  And you could buy a single piece for 5 cents.  I think I was originally given some nickels.  But at some point, I wasn't.  And then I started stealing it.  I would put a piece or two in the side of my sock, and then eat it later at home.  One time, my mom heard the crinkling in my sock.  "What is that noise?"  "Nothing."  She caught me, made me put it back and said if I steal things I'd go to jail.  The worst part was that this was right after Halloween, and as a punishment she took the rest of my candy away.  
It was a lesson that stayed with me.  I never stole anything again.

No comments:

Post a Comment