Just the life of any other Rachel

Tuesday, October 25, 2016

25. A couple other times I was a bad kid

At some point when I was little, maybe around 4, I was at the department store with Nanny and mom.  I don't know how it happened, or what I was doing, but I managed to knock over a mannequin.  People came rushing over to make sure I was okay.  My mom was understandably angry.  Nanny thought it was hilarious.

When I was 5 or 6, I went to a bakery with mom while Jessica was having some dental work done. (I think.  That's how I remember the beginning, but it might not be right).  There was this beautiful wedding cake sitting on the low counter.  And, wanting to know if it was real, I stuck my finger in it.  The baker was pissed.  My mom wasn't mad, because you shouldn't put a real (non-display) wedding cake where it can get messed up.  Though, she did tell me to just ask if it was real in the future.

Around the same age, or maybe a little older, I complained of a headache.  It was a bad headache that just wouldn't go away.  Mom tried all the home and OTC remedies, but nothing helped.  So we went to the doctor, who suggested a head x-ray.  On the way home from the x-ray, I confessed that I never had a headache, I just wanted to see what would happen.  I'm pretty sure she was mad about that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment