Just the life of any other Rachel

Tuesday, October 18, 2016

18. A quick memory

This memory has been rolling around in my head for a while.  But I couldn't remember if it had actually happened, until I confirmed with Jessica today.

(I think this was either before Rebecca was born, or mom stayed home with her.)

Our house, growing up, was on a hill.  So we had a good view of the city.  One night, we saw a beam of light from a klieg light.  I don't know whose idea it was, but we decided to follow it, and see what was there.  Jessica, dad and I got in the car, and drove off, in search of the klieg light.  It was the grand opening of an electronics store (which no longer exists).

While the end result was anti-climactic, it is a memory that has stuck with me (and is not fictional).

No comments:

Post a Comment