Just the life of any other Rachel

Thursday, October 27, 2016

27. The Pepper Incident and other early memories

This is an actual memory.  I was between 2.5-3, but I remember this pretty well.

We were living in Colorado.  And out to eat at some restaurant with a salad bar.  It should be mentioned that (much like Bertie) I love pickles, and I have from a young age.  On one trip from the salad bar, my mom brought me a pickle.  I popped it in my mouth.  Except it wasn't a pickle, it was a hot pepper.  I cried, and asked why she gave me that.  She kept saying sorry, sorry.  I was then a bit distrustful of her bringing me pickles.

On the first day at the Colorado house, I fell down the wooden steps.

I remember the nightmare that had me sleeping on my parents floor for months.

And I remember we had a mud room in from the back yard.


No comments:

Post a Comment